Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders, Planning a Safe Return to Hockey, Coaches Training and Trainers Course Information
Coaching Clinics, Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders and Planning a Safe Return to Hockey: https://www.owha.on.ca/content/coaching-clinics
Trainer & Recertification Trainer: https://htohockey.ca/
- For our youth league, Speak Out/Respect in Sport is required for ALL bench staff including coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, team managers, on ice staff, youth volunteers, as well as den mothers (moms supervising in the dressing room).
- Trainers with a minimum Level 1 certification are required for all teams. For all youth league teams, the trainer must be female; for the Senior Women over 19, male or female trainers are permitted. Courses can be completed on line or in person.
- Head coaches are required to complete the appropriate level NCCP coaching course. Coaches must have the appropriate coach certifications for the team levels that they will be coaching. Please click on the following link for https://www.owha.on.ca/content/coaches
- NHGHA will reimburse for Speak Out/Respect in Sport, the Trainer's Course and Coaching Courses. To receive reimbursement, please complete a Volunteer Reimbursement form (see information below). Copies of your receipt (proof of payment) and certificate/wallet card (proof of completion) must accompany the form.
- Please note, a refund for a training course will be issued only if we have a valid Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening on file for you; we do not provide reimbursement for the cost of the police check.
- All volunteers, please complete this form Volunteer_reimbursement_form.pdf and email it along with your receipt(s) and certificate(s) to administrator Carolyn Tegelaar at [email protected] or mail them to the address below.