CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Conduct identifies the standard of behaviour which is expected of all Ontario Women's Hockey Association (OWHA) Members, including athletes, coaches, parents, directors, volunteers, staff, chaperones and others.
- OWHA Teams, Associations, Programmes and Leagues are committed to providing a sport environment in which all individuals are treated with respect. Members of the OWHA shall conduct themselves at all times in a fair and responsible manner. Members shall refrain from comments or behaviours which are disrespectful, offensive, abusive, racist or sexist. In particular, behaviour which constitutes harassment, abuse, bullying or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated by the OWHA.
- During the course of all OWHA activities and events, members shall avoid behaviour which brings OWHA members or the sport of hockey into disrepute, including but not limited to abusive use of alcohol and non-medical use of drugs.
- Members shall not use unlawful or unauthorized drugs/narcotics or performance enhancing drugs or methods.
- Members of the OWHA shall not engage in activity or behaviour which endangers the safety of others.
- OWHA members shall at all times adhere to the OWHA Team, Association, Programme and League operational policies and procedures, to rules governing the OWHA events and activities and to rules governing any competition in which the member participates on behalf of the OWHA.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, suspension or release from membership. Such action may result in the member losing the privileges that come with membership in the OWHA, including the opportunity to participate in OWHA activities.