The North Halton Girls Hockey Association will once again award 2 - $500 scholarships to qualified U18 aged players. 1 award will be assigned to each of the House
League and the Rep divisions. If that isn’t possible, we will still award 2 scholarships
even if both candidates played in the same division.
Deadline to apply is midnight on May 30, 2023
. Please see the following for eligibility criteria and requirements.Eligibility Criteria:
A player is eligible to apply for a scholarship when she:
• Has played a minimum of 2 consecutive years within the North Halton Girls Association.
• Is registered in either House League or Rep U18 division with the North Halton Girls Hockey Association in the application season.
• Has obtained her high school diploma or is in her graduating year at high school.
• Is, or will be, enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution the fall following the
• Maintains a high academic standing in a secondary institution.
• Is accepted and meets all standards required of the post-secondary institution of choice.
• Has not been awarded a club scholarship in a previous year.
An essay (between 500 and 750 words) outlining your contribution to hockey, involvement in the community, volunteer involvements and what hockey meant to you.
Letter of reference from your school (teacher or principal) on school letterhead.
Letter of reference from your coach (current or prior) or affiliated organization.
A current copy of your school transcripts.
Your scholastic achievement, contribution to hockey and community involvement will be weighed in the decision to award the scholarship.
Application deadline is midnight on May 30th, 2023
. Please submit all applications to: [email protected]
with the email subject: NHGHA 2023 Scholarship Application - YOUR NAME